Looking to invest in some bathroom remodeling but don’t know where to start because you have a tiny, tiny bathroom space to work with? Maybe that’s why you need bathroom remodeling in the first place.
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here are some big bathroom remodeling ideas for small bathrooms that will make any bathroom look bigger and brighter.
1. Go with an oval sink. Not only is this shape unexpected, it will give you more precious counter space for your cosmetics and decor.
2. Look for a washbasin that comes with towel stand built into it. This way you have built in towel storage, and wont have to clutter your doors and walls with wet soppy towels.
3. A glass shower enclosure will free up space by eliminating the need for a bulky shower curtain. Plus this upscale option is chosen by 79% of homeowners for a reason, so you will be able to get more of a return on investment if you ever choose to sell your home. In fact, bathroom additions offer an average of 86.4% ROI, whether you opt for glass showers or not.
4. Be unexpected with a patterned tile floor and minimal walls. Typically home owners do the reverse, so this home remodeling idea will help you to stand out.
5. Use your tub to your advantage. Many homeowners forget that there is a lot of unused space on the wall behind your bathtub. Installing built in shelves in that area is a great way to take advantage of space, while cutting down on clutter. If you’re really desperate for space, you can always ditch the bathtub altogether.
6. The bigger the mirror, the better. Mirrors let in light and create the illusion of a bigger space.
7. If you opt for no bathtub and instead have a standing shower, continue your floor tile into the shower space. It will make the room look larger, because introducing another flooring material or pattern will only break up the space.
8. Buy fixtures with curved corners. You would be surprised at how much space a curved vanity and tub can save in a small bathroom!
9. Tiny bathrooms can be overwhelmed when their doors are open. Instead, choose a sliding door on a rail that will stay parallel to the wall.
10. Pick an unusual accent color, and stick with it. It will make the room feel clean and open.
Follow the lead of the 60% of Americans who plan to remodel their bathroom within the upcoming years. Contact a bathroom remodeling company today to get started, and if you’re in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area, contact Gabor Design Build for any home remodeling project, big or small.